Sunday, 10 July 2016

Dublin Diary

I don’t know how I have not written this post until now! I recently went on a girl’s weekend away to the beautiful city of Dublin and it was incredible. I also went to Dublin for New Year’s Eve (read about that here - New Years in Dublin) and I loved it, we had so much fun despite the downpour of rain we had to endure. So I was very excited to visit again, especially in summer time (silently praying for sun)! Okay, so here’s a diary style round up of my trip….(WARNING: Lots of food pics ahead)


Friday
Firstly, let me start by saying I got a flight there on my own cos I am a strong independent woman! Sorry, it’s the first time I’ve flown on my own so I thought I’d give it a little mention. Moving on. Once the rest of the girls arrived we headed to our Air BNB which was in the best location (so wish I could find a link to this, if I do I’ll pop it in). Everything we needed to do was a ten minute walk away, it was right on the high street and it was so huge!

Tourist attraction number one was the Kilmainhaim Gaol which is a short bus ride from the city centre. The tour was so interesting, focusing on the political offenders who got imprisoned during Ireland’s battle for independence. I loved the tour guide who was obviously very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and knew how to work the group. After this we hopped back on the bus into the city centre, had one of the biggest burgers ever at Jo’s Burgers and then headed to Temple Bar area (obv).





Saturday
Feeling surprisingly fresh after a night of cocktails, singing and dancing we started our Saturday off the only way you can do, with brunch! I am so loving brunch food at the moment and am always on the lookout for new places. As I mentioned, our Air BNB location was perfect and we stumbled upon a place called Brother Hubbard just a few doors up from us. If you ever go to Dublin, you HAVE to visit here. I think this is one of the best meals I have ever had!

Tourist attraction number two was the Old Jameson Distillery. For those who don’t know, Jameson is an Irish whisky whose distinctive quality is that it is triple distilled. I really like this tour, it’s reasonably priced and it’s only a short walk from the city centre. It last about 45 minutes and this includes whisky tasting and a whisky cocktail at the end. 




Our incredibly organised friend (who pretty much organised the whole trip - thank you very much!) had booked us into a place called 777, a contemporary Mexican restaurant. Mixed opinions on this place, the waitress was a little pushy in what we ordered as she was clearly trying to up sell, leaving us a little confused with what was actually coming to the table. Aside from that the food was so delicious (we really ate so well over the weekend) and the atmosphere was great. It’s also ideally located near all the main bars which is of course a priority!




So there’s my round up of my girl’s weekend in Dublin. I left there already mentally planning my next trip, if you book in advance plane tickets from Manchester are £20, leaving more money for the alcohol fund. Have you ever been to Dublin? Please click share if you like :)
Share:

2 comments

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing time in Dublin! :) I'm going next year for a long weekend for my friend's 21st birthday so I'll definitely look out for some of these places. The mexican food looks so good!

    Sarah xx
    www.shesawriter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was honestly one of the best holidays I've had, I loved it. Awww that's a great way to celebrate a 21st, hope you have fun! I'm sure you'll love it :) X x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig