Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Platform 9 3/4 Picks

Every time I am in London and near Kings Cross station I have to pop in to Platform 9 ¾. Okay, so maybe I divert us so much that we magically end up nearby. I just can’t resist it, the inner Potter-head takes control. As I’m writing this I realise I am currently sat in my Harry Potter pyjamas with my new Gryffindor scrunchie in my hair. Maybe the inner Potter-head takes more control than I thought. Anyway, on my last trip to London I went there just to have a look, honest! Which of course ended up with me holding a whole new bunch of souvenirs. So what did I buy this time?


I have never actually bought any of the little extra books J K Rowling released but I’ve always wanted to. Tucked away in the corner behind the crowds of people are a selection of books. The first book I chose was Quidditch through the ages. Although I never joined a sports team at school and I wasn’t particularly sporty growing up, I like to think I would have played Quidditch at Hogwarts. And if not played then I would have at least watched it. Are you even a Hogwarts student if you haven’t read Quidditch Through The Ages? The next book I chose was The Tales of Beadle The Bard. The Tale of Three Brothers in the Deathly Hallows was such a clever little story. I love the fact J K Rowling wrote a whole set of magical children’s tales. Now all I need to get is Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, preferably before the film!



Okay, so the Gryffindor scrunchie was a little pricey for what it is. However, I have been wanting a new scrunchie for ages and it’s Gryffindor and I really wanted it and I’ll wear it every day. To be fair, I have worn it quite a bit! Finally, as I stood at the till ready to pay for my items I noticed something behind the cashier. Chocolate. Who can even resist chocolate? Again, this was a little pricey for what it was but it’s chocolate, and it has Platform 9 ¾ on it and the more I buy the better a blogpost it’ll make. I may have a problem…

I’m building quite a little Platform 9 3/4 collection now, I can’t stop picking things up every time I go. Have you purchased anything from there? What are your favourite Harry Potter themed purchases?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig