Sunday, 14 August 2016

Romantic Weekend in London

Recently the boyfriend and I celebrated our four year anniversary. That’s right, four years and we haven’t killed each other. And we’ve spent three of those living together. This was definitely cause for celebration. For our presents we each bought each other something to do whilst in London. It’s so hard to buy actual physical presents these days and experiences make for better memories. So here’s my diary style round up of the lovely weekend.


 We stayed at a lovely Air BnB in Shoreditch, it was close enough to all the action but in a quiet location, just perfect! I had heard so much about Shoreditch I couldn’t wait to go. For food we ended up going to Dinerama, which has loads of different food stalls. I got an a-mazing pizza that was cooked in a wood fire oven, so delicious.

Afterwards, we made our way over to Peckham for the present I chose - tickets to the Rooftop Cinema Club at the Bussey Building. We spent a couple of hours at the rooftop bar enjoying the breath-taking views. Then we took our seats at the outdoor cinema and watched the 90’s classic True Romance. I absolutely love 90’s films, such a good decade for films. It was so cool to watch a film at sunset, tucked under a blanket and the stars. And the atmosphere was great, it felt so relaxing.




 Saturday
On Saturday morning we wanted to explore Shoreditch. As I said I had always wanted to go and I had heard good things about the markets, so we made our way to Brick Lane. They were so lively and bustling, with delicious smells floating in the air and colourful characters on the stalls. I found the cutest stripy pinafore dress for only £14!

We also popped on down to the street festival Urban Fest for lunch before heading on down to Camden. But the biggest part of the day was the present I received– tickets to see Matilda on the west end!!! Omg it was so good, one of the best shows I have ever seen. 




Sunday
Time to go home. Every time I visit London I want to move there, I love this city so much. We picked up a bagel from the famous beigel bake and sat down in a nearby park to eat it. The weather had been glorious all weekend, much different from rainy Manchester. I saw so many vloggers around, it was weird seeing it from the other side of the camera! After nipping in the Platform 9 ¾ shop we got on the train back home.

Have you been to London lately? Or are you planning to?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig