Sunday, 21 August 2016

Rooftop Cinema Club

One of the things I enjoy most in the world is curling up on the sofa, wrapping up under a blanket and watching a good movie. I don’t think I realised how much of a film fan I was until the boyfriend pointed out that every time he suggests a film to watch I reply with “seen it”. I also didn’t realise how much I went to the cinema until he’d ask when I watched the film and I usually reply with “at the cinema”. I think it’s because growing in a small town there was very little to do except go to the cinemas. So most Friday nights you’d find me on the back row munching on popcorn.


I’ve always wanted to go to an outdoor cinema, the atmosphere looks so relaxed and romantic. I was planning a trip to London when I stumbled upon the Rooftop Cinema Club. They have venues in several locations around London and they play plenty of films throughout the week. If you’re thinking of going then I recommend buying a membership. It costs only £3 more than buying two tickets but you get two free tickets as soon as you sign up, 10% off at the bar and concession and, most importantly, bottomless popcorn!




I chose to watch True Romance at the Bussey Building in Peckham. Half of the roof is the cinema whilst the other half is a bar. It was an absolutely beautiful sunny day so we went a little early to check the bar out. I think rooftop bars are my new favourite thing. It was so relaxing to sit up there with the sun beating down, sipping on a mojito. The views were so stunning, you can see all of the London skyline from up there – the Shard, the London Eye and the Millennium Dome. After a couple of drinks we grabbed some popcorn, a blanket and chose some good seats. It was very romantic, wrapped up under a blanket watching a film at sunset with the fairy lights twinkling away. Definitely a good date night idea!




Have you ever been to an outdoor cinema? 
Share:

5 comments

  1. We've been to the one in Stratford, isn't it just a great experience!? It was actually technically our first planned Date Night!

    So lucky you had such a great sunset view! Sounds like you had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica & James
    Foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so good! Awww that's a cute first date night 😊 Thanks for reading X x

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was so good! Awww that's a cute first date night 😊 Thanks for reading X x

      Delete
  2. I don't go to the cinema that often because it's pretty expensive here in Switzerland but going to an outdoor cinema is definitely on my bucket list now! :) I can imagine how special the atmosphere must be, especially while the sun is setting x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinema is getting too expensive these days! It was such a relaxing atmosphere, the sunset definitely helped ☀️ X x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig